One of the most important decorative items of any event is decorating the tables, especially for weddings. You can use either your own creativity or imagination to decorate the tables or hire a decorating professional to do it for you.
One of the most important aspects while choosing the table adornments is physical comfort of your guests. Make sure that your guests should not feel ill or get offended with your party table adornments. So how do you choose table designs for parties and what are the ideas you can use.
While most of us find it very easy to choose table designs for parties, there are some others who are not that much creative and may need help in finding out what works and what does not.
Here are few tips to help you in deciding the table decorations for the party you are organizing:
1. First decide what kind of party you are throwing. Is it a formal sit down event or a casual dinner? It will play a great role in deciding what the table decorations you need to choose. For a casual dinner event, choose a buffet kind setting with tableware set at one end and floral arrangement at the other end. If it is a formal event, then you need to arrange table settings for each individual.
2. The next deciding factor that can help in deciding table decorations is the reason for which you are throwing the party. If it is a Christmas party, use Christmas lights in a special manner as a part of the table decorations. If it is a thanksgiving event, choose decorations that reflect the mood of festive season. If there is not any specific theme, then you can opt for seasonal motifs. It will provide a refreshing effect and also match the mood of the day.
3. Next thing that you should remember while selecting table decorations is the number of people attending the event and also the size of the dinner table. If your party contains multiple tables, then you can choose a beautiful centerpiece instead of having several attractions on the table. If you want to choose candles, it is better to use floating candles for a night party.
4. The most important thing while decorating the table is arrangement of pieces that are functional. You should be very careful with the selection and also placement of the dinnerware. Try to choose decorative pieces that can complement with the dinnerware.
5. The last but not the least. The type of the table can also have a great impact on table decorations. For small tables, use minimum decorations and keep it simple. For large tables, you can use several decorations and you can also try a centerpiece.
Source by Nancy P Shevell